The conference language is English and ISL interpreters will be available.
We encourage you to check out the related International Congress of Linguists conference also in Cape Town.
In order to attend the ISGS 8th International Conference in Cape Town from July 4th to 8th 2018, we invite you to register online.
Registration fee includes all conference materials, coffee breaks, all lunches during the conference days and the opening reception. Fee depends on status (student/regular – ISGS member/non member). Until April 2nd you will have the privilege to pay the early bird fee, after April 2nd it will no longer be available.
The opening reception is open to all participants with no extra charge. It will take place at 6:30 PM on Wednesday, 4th July 2018, at the Cape Sun, Strand Street, in the centre of Cape Town.
|Registration dates||General Registration fees||Student/African scholars|
|Early Bird: 1 February to 2 April 2018||R 4,500||R 6,300||R 3,000||R 4,200|
|Regular: 3 April to 15 June 2018||R 4,950||R 6,900||R 3,300||R 4,700|
How to register:
To register for the conference , please click on “Register” in the left-hand column of this website. You will be directed to a secure registration form that you need to complete and submit. Please note that your registration is not recorded until you complete and submit the form.
Please note that you only need to register once, should you wish to make any changes to your registration please send an email to email@example.com and they will action the changes for you. Should you be unsure about your accommodation choices at the time of registration, you can register without making a selection, and email us after in order to book.
You will receive an invoice from XL Millennium on the completion of your registration. Please ensure that payment is made into the correct bank account and using the reference number provided.
A limited number of grants are available for students, as well as scholars from under-resourced universities/countries.
- Grants will be allocated depending on the available budget.
- Grants will include the conference fees, and selected grants will include accommodation for the duration of the conference: the nights of 4-7 July.
- Grants would not necessarily include accommodation.
- No grants are awarded in cash.
- The secretariat may provide accommodation in a University of Cape Town residence.
- Costs for VISA applications, home transport to/from airport, airport transfers in Cape Town or a daily per diem for meals (apart from lunch vouchers during conference days) will have to be borne by applicants.